Sic Bo is a casino table game that is played with dice and a bets table. The biggest difference between Sic Bo and Roulette is that Sic Bo uses three dice instead of a roulette wheel. The dice are such a big part of Sic Bo that the name means “precious dice.” By playing Sic Bo, we will shake the dice and place bets on the table based on what you think the last number will be. Sic Bo is one of only two table casino games, along with craps, that use dice. This makes it stand out among the other table casino games. The game is very popular in Asia and the UK. Since online casinos are becoming more and more popular, Sic Bo is likely to become even more popular among online gamers.
How Do You Play Sic Bo?
Like roulette, Sic Bo is played on a table where bets are placed. Each section of the table represents a different kind of bet, and bets are made by putting chips in the appropriate section. In one round, you can make more than one type of bet, which increases your chances of making a correct prediction. Each possible bet has a different pay ratio that depends on how specific the bet is. In Sic Bo, the highest pay ratio is 180:1 for a bet that a specific triple will show up on the dice.
Here is a list that tells you everything you need to know about the different types of bets in Sic Bo:
- Big – Bets that the value of the three dice will be between 11 and 17.
- Small – Bets that the value of the three dice will be between 4 and 10.
- Odds – Bets that the total number of points on the dice will be an odd number, like 13, 15, etc.
- Even – Bets that the total number of points on the dice will be an even number, like 6, 12, etc.
- Specific Triples – Places a bet on the same number showing up on all three dice on one roll, for example, “6” on all three dice.
- Specific Doubles – Similar to specific triples, but only two dice with the same number are needed, like two dice with the number 4 on each.
- Any Triples – Places a bet on any three-number combination appearing on the dice.
- Three dice total – Bets on the total of the three dice. The chances of winning depend on how likely the number is to come up. Numbers 4 and 17 have the highest pay ratio at 60:1.
- Dice combination – Bet on a certain pair of numbers to come up on the dice, like 1 and 2, 3 and 5, etc.
- Three Number Combinations – Bets that all three dice will show a certain set of numbers on the next roll, such as 3, 5, and 6.
- Two Number Combinations – Place a bet on any two numbers to come up on the next roll of the dice, such as a 2 and a 6.
- Single Number Combinations – Places a bet on any single number to show up on one of the dice on the next roll, for example, that a 3 will show up on one of the dice.
Sic Bo Variations
- Grand Hazard – We will throw the dice in a cup or down a chute with panels that will knock them around. This makes the game of Sic Bo more dramatic. Many land-based casinos use the cup style because it adds a little flair to the experience.
- Chuck-a-luck- It’s like Grand Hazard, but the machine that looks like a birdcage will shake the dice. Chuck-a-Luck also makes betting easier by only letting you bet on single numbers and any triples that might show up.
- Yee Hah Hi – This word means “Fish Shrimp Crab.” Aside from the strange name, this version replaces the numbers with fish, shrimp, and crab symbols. In this variation, instead of betting on numbers, you bet on the color and type of symbol on each dice, like “Scorpion Green.”
How to Play Sic Bo in 3 Easy Steps
Step 1: Pick Your Bets
Depending on your strategy, you should put your bets on the table. Remember that the safest bets are those that have a chance of winning that is close to 50/50. These are bets like “high/low” or “odds/even.” Once you’ve tried it out a few times, this is a great chance to show off what you’ve learned and try out some new bets.
Step 2: Roll the Dice
After everyone has made a bet, the dice are shaken and rolled, and the results are written down. At the end of the round, winners are paid out if the results of the dice match what was bet on.
Step 3: Collect Your Winnings
Winnings depend on the bets made, with the highest payout for a single bet being 180:1 for certain triples bets that win. After the winners get their money, the round starts over and the first bets are made again.
Sic Bo Strategy with Low Risk
A low-risk strategy for Sic Bo is to make the small and big bets, which have the smallest edges. Small or big bets are the ones that come the closest to even money, and you have about a 50/50 chance of winning on them.
This means that about half the time you will win, and when you do, your money will double. This won’t make you rich, but it will keep you from losing too much and let you keep playing Sic Bo for longer.
Sic Bo Strategy with Low to Medium Risk
A single Sic Bo number is a safe stake, however riskier than the little or big bet. Since there are three dice and six numbers, it is probable to land on one of those faces.
The fun thing about the single number Sic Bo bet is that it adds up.You could win an even number or double or triple your money on the same bet. This makes it a very appealing Sic Bo bet and a good strategy.
Sic Bo Strategy with Medium Risk
It’s hard to bet on exact Sic Bo number totals, but people do it because the payouts are so high. This Sic Bo method is medium-risk because some totals are more likely than others.
Sic Bo Strategy with High Risk
The riskiest bet in Sic Bo is on a specific triple. If you want to make a triple bet, the best thing to do is go for “any triple.” The payout is less than a specific triple, but your chances of winning are much higher.
Tips for Winning at Sic Bo
- 10 & 11 Are the Most Likely Combinations
The most likely Sic Bo totals are 10 and 11, since there are more ways to get these numbers than any others. Because of this, 10 and 11 usually pay out less than other combinations.
- It’s Is All About Maths
It’s important to remember that Sic Bo is all math when it comes to combinations. Since there is just one method to make 4 and 17, these are the worst combos to gamble on. This makes it very unlikely that you will win.
- Use The Smallest Denominations
If you want to bet on these high-risk Sic Bo games, you should only bet the smallest amounts. This is because of two things:
• It is the least likely bet, so you will spend as little as possible on Sic Bo.
• They pay out the most, so even if you only bet a little, you can win a lot.
If you like craps, you’ll definitely like Sic Bo. But even if you’ve never played before, there’s still a lot to enjoy. Sic Bo is exciting and boasts some of the finest chances of any casino game, depending on your bet. You can choose a low-risk, low-to-medium-risk, medium-risk, or high-risk strategy.